A nice mattress is an excellent investment that you should not throw away just because your child is going to college or you will be away from home for an extended period of time. You’ll need to know how to keep a mattress properly at some time in order to extend its lifespan and retain its quality.
In this post, we’ll go over how to store a mattress, including the aspects to consider before storage and the equipment you’ll need.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Essential tools and supplies
Before you can remove that mattress off the bed, you’ll need a few equipment and materials to aid you in the different steps of mattress storage. Here’s a list of everything you’ll need.
Supplies for mattress cleaning
Cleaning your mattress before storing it is a good idea to save it from degrading months later. Furthermore, washing the mattress is an excellent strategy to keep smells at bay while it is in storage.
The good news is that you don’t have to be a professional cleaner to pull this off; all you need is a step-by-step DIY guide for cleaning a mattress at home. However, you must exercise caution while applying items to your mattress to prevent creating any harm or stains.
Wash your mattress
Cleaning a mattress keeps it fresh and extends its life. Bed bugs and dust mites may readily infest a filthy mattress because they feed on dead skin and debris that has collected on the mattress over time. You don’t want to return home to a decaying dirty mattress now that you’ll be keeping it away for a long period.
Here’s how you can clean your mattress at home before storing it.
• Eliminate the beddings from the mattress;
• Wash the beddings separately to remove dust mites and debris; and
• Vacuum the mattress to remove loose dirt, dust, and dead skin.
• Sprinkle baking soda all over your mattress and let it set for 15 minutes to an hour to remove odours and stains (baking soda is a natural deodorizer).
• Vacuum the mattress in narrow overlapping movements with the upholstery cleaner. Make certain that you reach all of the folds and sides.
• Spot-clean any stains on the mattress with the spot remover and a cleaning towel.
• Use the correct amount of stain remover according to the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid damaging your mattress.
• Clean each stain separately to avoid transferring them all over the mattress.
• After cleaning one side of the mattress, flip it over and repeat the process on the other side.
Expectations from eco terra mattresses
Bed 2 go mattresses are inspired by nature to offer individuals the finest sleep of their life over a long period of time. Our bed-in-a-box made in Canada mattress is free of chemicals and pollutants and has breathable fabric-encased cores. As a consequence, while looking for a mattress from eco terra beds, you won’t have to worry about allergies or unwanted smells.
If you like the freshness of nature while sleeping, eco terra beds offer the mattress for you; with regular care, it will remain fresh and clean for a long time.